Friday, April 18, 2008

YETC visit

We visited the YETC and it was way cool we learned a lot about the resources that we have available through USU. Here is a link to the online resources that we have at USU in the YETC. (http://teacherlink.ed.usu.edu/tlresources/nathan/index.html)
My favorite are the online resources. Even after I get my degree I still use these resources.

Education is very cool also because it has come so far in such a short amount of time. We have gone from the old transparencies and the overhead projectors to digital projectors and now we have a micro vision pico projector. This projector is on the back of a phone like a camera. Here is a cool video about it on You Tube.
Micro Vision Pico Projector in You Tube. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PASmagiEFCc)

As this INST class is coming to a close, I am surprised to say that I am kind of sad to see it go. I have learned so much in this class and so many techniques and enhancements to my teaching style. I hope that I can take what I have learned and keep learning more but I am not sure how I will do that. I just don't spend time on technology. One thing I need to learn is how to be a better searcher. I am a great applicator, but my searching skills are limited to what I can find on the encyclopedia of new knowledge "GOOGLE. " Since we only have one more class I feel to reminisce about the things I have learned: I have learned how to make a movie, how to use itunes, where to find podcasts, how to better use our on campus resources, about digital learners( who even knew they existed), more uses for digital cameras, how to blog and wiki, and so much more. Well I will keep this blog up. See you all soon

No comments: